Things are not complicated in fact. I mean, skin concerns can be many, but sometimes one has to go “back to basics”. This is just what I had to do in the past ten days.
After some “skin stress” caused by some “overdoing” Retinol and Acids, I took things more easy and started thinking about what I (my skin) really wants/needs.
The introduction of Retinol in a “full strength” (one percent) formulation was one of the best things I ever did. Visibly. So I should stick to that. Combining it with AHA and also PHA and Bionic Acid, however, did NOT work out very well for me. It caused a nasty rash. Unpleasant and not very nice to look at. Hmmmm….
So I decided to let the acids go (for now) and combine my Exuviance Retinol with gentle, hydrating and protective skincare. It fixed my skin IN DAYS. Just to tell you how great this feels. Back in control !
My routine now consists of gentle cleansing (like always) and mostly HYDRATING TONERS followed by ever so HYDRATING ESSENCES and SERUMS. A “simple” moisture cream will do, as long as I’m “doing” the Retinol and SUN PROTECTION is my all times friend.
- Quick cleanse with CERAVE HYDRATING CLEANSER
- Toning with LANCOME TONIQUE DOUCEUR OR KLAPP BETA-GLUCAN TONER
- LEEGEEHAAM GROW HYAL B5 TONER as an essence (this has an essence consistency)
- HYDRALURON SERUM (Indeed Labs)
- HELIOCARE SPF 50 GEL
The Heliocare has the added benefit of “FERNBLOCK”, a very POWERFULL ANTIOXIDANT protection and acts as my anti-ageing day cream.
- First cleanse with BODYSHOP CHAMOMILE OIL or HEIMISH CLEANSING BALM
- Second cleanse with CERAVE HYDRATING CLEANSER OR L’OCCITANE SHEA CLEANSING MILK or CLARINS LAIT GENTIANE (on more “oily days”)
- EXUVIANCE SUPER RETINOL CONCENTRATE 2-3 times a week ; I mostly use it for two nights on a row, then follow with 3 nights of moisturizing/soothing.
- Other nights : MISSHA NIGHT REPAIR AMPOULE or LEEGEEHAAM GROW B5 AMPOULE
- BIOTHERM LIFE PLANKTON SENSTITIVE BALM or CERAVE HYDRATING LOTION
As you can see, simple, but effective. Now I need to figure out, how I can have some acids back in my routine ….
See you next week !